dotConnect for MySQL is an enhanced data provider built over ADO.NET architecture and a development framework with a number of innovative technologies. With state of the art ORM solutions such as Entity Framework and LINQ to SQL, it introduces new approaches for designing applications and boosts productivity of database application development.
- Flexible Connectivity. dotConnect for MySQL can operate in Direct mode without MySQL client library and in Client mode with usage of libmysql.dll.
- Database Application Development Extensions. dotConnect for MySQL has a rich set of design time tools that leverage the development process greatly. Particularly, there are convenient design time component editors, wizards and managers, toolset for live data binding, DDEX, a and much more.
- MySQL Advanced Features. Support dotConnect for MySQL allows developers to harness full capabilities of the MySQL server. dotConnect for MySQL supports such MySQL- specific features as secure SSL and SSH connections, embedded server, compression protocol, HTTP tunneling and others.
- ORM Support. dotConnect for MySQL offers enhanced ORM support with a bundled visual designer for ORM models – Entity Developer. It offers you advanced support for Model-First and Database-First design approaches and flexible T4 template-based code generation for the model. dotConnect for MySQL supports Entity Framework v1, v4.x, v5, and v6.x, NHibernate, and LinqConnect – Devart’s own ORM solution, closely compatible to Microsoft LINQ to SQL. dotConnect for MySQL supports such Entity Framework features as Entity Framework Spatials, Code First, Code First Migrations.
- Workflow Foundation Support. Provides support for MySQL Workflow Instance Store and Workflow Tracking.
- BIS Support. dotConnect for MySQL supports Reporting and Analytics services and offers Source and Destination Data Flow components for Integration Services.
- Support for ASP.NET Identity 1 and 2
- Sync Framework Support
- Visual Studio 2019 Support
* These are the features of the Professional edition. If you are interested in another product edition, please check the ‘Editions’ page of the corresponding product.